- The mid-crit will be held in Q1 between 09.00-16.00. We will have outside guest critics - please impress them by being on time!
- Each group has 30 minutes for their presentation + questions and discussion. Please use 10 minutes for your presentation so that there is plenty of time left for discussions.
- Send all presentation material (Powerpoint/Keynote slides) to Victor Olsson (email@example.com) in advance. The deadline for sending your material to Victor is Thursday Nov 7 at 20.00. Large files can be shared through a public dropbox instead of by mail.
- Please also bring your presentation on a USB memory stick and/or a laptop computer (as backup).
Executive group member Victor Olsson is responsible for the mid-crit (he will be the master of ceremonies on Friday - Daniel will concentrate on being a critic).
We have put together a schedule for the mid-crit presentation as follows:
- 09.00-09.30 GISMO - Geographical Information Systems for Media Orientation (was Interactive visualization of news) ("Get a grip on global news")
- 09.30-10.00 You've got bias (was Manipulation and bias online and offline) ("Everything is biased - we show you how")
- 10.00-10.30 Responsive news (was Individualized news) ("Have it your way")
- 10.30-10.45 BREAK
- 10.45-11.15 Newsify (was The future of audio) ("Get serious - Get Newsified")
- 11.15-11.45 Future of Ads ("Not intrusive but exclusive")
- 11.45-11.50 Wrap-up/concluding words (Daniel)
- 11.50-13.00 LUNCH BREAK
- 13.00-13.30 Gossip (was News aggregators) ("Emotional news")
- 13.30-14.00 ScreenWorld - Rise of the Second Screen ("Breaking into the future")
- 14-00-14.30 Crowdopolis (was Citizen journalism & crowdsourcing news) ("We live it, we watch it, we report it")
- 14.30-14.45 BREAK
- 14.45-15.15 DEAFining news (was Broadcast new/public news) ("DEAFining the future of news")
- 15.15-15.45 The Morticians (was Death of Reading) ("Quality news beyond the written word")
- 15.45-15.50 Wrap-up/concluding words (Daniel)
If you have any questions about the schedule or other practical aspects around the Friday mid-crit event, please pose them to Victor (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cc to Daniel.